Frequently Asked Questions
We hope the answers below will help to answer your questions. If you would like to speak to a member of our Customer Services team please call 01670 591916.
- Do I have to register an account with Eden Learning Spaces to place an order?
- Yes. You need to register your name, contact details and delivery address details in order to place an order with Eden Learning Spaces online.
- Can I track my order online?
Yes, simply login to your account and you will find a table with your order history – displaying both previous completed orders and outstanding orders. Select the order you wish to view and there will be a column displaying the status of that product. You will be able to see whether the order is being processed or has been dispatched.Once your item has left our warehouse you will receive a dispatch email with the Tracking Number and details of your parcel carrier. You can then track your item via the carrier website or the carrier customer service team.
- How do I know if you have received my order?
- When we receive your order, you will be taken to an Order Confirmation screen which will detail what you’ve ordered, your billing and delivery address, and will provide you with your order confirmation number. This information will also be emailed to you using the email address you provided in the order process.
- What if I haven’t received an email order confirmation?
- Please double check the order confirmation email hasn’t gone into your junk mail or spam account. If you still haven’t received it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01670 591916.
- Can I add to an existing order?
- You can add items to your checkout basket at any time before the payment screen. If you have already placed an order but wish to add more items to the same order, please call Customer Services on 01670 591916 who may be able to add to your existing order (if the order has not yet left our warehouse). If your order has already left our premises, (you can check this by checking the My Account section of the site) simply place a new order.
- Do you have a shop or can I visit your showroom?
- We are solely an online retailer and do not have a show room. However, if you live nearby (we are based in Northumberland, just north of Newcastle-upon-Tyne) and you are after something particular, please call 01670 591916 or email email@example.com, and we will be able to prepare your products for you in advance for collection. Please make sure you call in advance so we can prepare your order prior to your arrival. We also offer the chance to see colour and fabric samples. To see us 'in action', visit our case studies to see how other schools made use of our educational ranges.
- Do you have a catalogue I can buy from?
- Yes you can download a catalogue or if you'd like to request a hard copy for your staff room, please email us. Then simply call, email, or visit us online to place your order.
- How can I pay for my purchases?
- We accept most major UK credit and debit cards, including Mastercard, Visa Credit Card, Visa Debit Card, Visa Electron, Maestro, or Solo. You can also pay by PayPal or cheque. If you have a credit account with us, you also have the opportunity to pay by proforma invoice with a BACS transfer.We're sorry but we don’t accept American Express. We never store your credit card details or keep them on file and offer 100% secure transactions.
- What should I do if my credit/debit card was refused when placing an order?
- If your credit or debit card was refused while placing an order, please re-submit your order using a different card. For details on why your card was refused, please contact your card issuer.
- I have a discount code, how do I use it?
- Occasionally we issue discount voucher codes for limited periods as a promotional offer. If you have a code, simply enter it into the Promotional Code box at the checkout and click ‘update’ to apply it to your order. If you do not apply it at this point, we will not be able to apply it later on (although you may be able to use it for a subsequent order).
- Do you offer credit facilities?
- Yes we can offer a 30 day credit facility with an official purchase order, subject to the usual credit checks. To apply for an account, call 01670 591916. We reserve the right to levy interest charges on overdue accounts.
- I need some advice!
- Please feel free to give us a call on 01670 591916 for product advice, and we can point you in the right direction. For ideas on how to use our products in your classroom, see our Lesson Library for activity guides or check out our Case Studies for ideas on what other schools are doing.
- What size shall I get?
- The size of your bean bag totally depends on who you are buying it for, how they will be using it, and how much space you have. Generally we advise bigger is better, but it all depends on the user, space and budget. Each product on the website and catalogue is categorised as Early Years, KS1, KS2, Secondary or SEN, which will give you an idea of age appropriateness and suitability. Please note all sizes specified on the website or catalogue are approximate as bean bags vary in size and shape when you sit into it. See our Size Guide for more details or call our Customer Services team on 01670 591916 if you need some more advice.
- Can you give me more information on your products?
- We try to provide most of the information on bean bags for schools in the Product Description, including size measurements. However, if you require further information or advice, please call our Customer Services team on 01670 591916 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Also please refer to the Size Guide.
- Do you offer fabric or colour samples?
- Yes, we highly recommend you get a fabric sample. We offer a FREE Fabric & Colour Swatch Service. We can send you out a colour or fabric sample - just call 01670 591916 or email email@example.com where our Customer Services team will be able to send you a sample out by post.
- My bean bags are looking a little flat! Can I buy any top up refill?
- Yes you can buy refill bean bag beans from the Bean Bag Filling section. If you are unsure of how many cubic feet of beans you require, please call 01670 591916 or email firstname.lastname@example.org where our staff will be able to advise you.
- The website is saying the colour I want is out of stock – when will it be back in?
- We aim to keep the full range of colours in stock at all times. If the colour is displaying ‘out of stock’ we should be getting the colour back in stock in due course – usually within a couple of weeks. For more information on stock availability and when we expect an item to be back in stock, please call us or email email@example.com.
- There is an item in your catalogue, but I can't find it. Is it out of stock?
- We try to keep our website up to date with the latest stock and colour options available from our catalogue. If you have seen a particular item previously, and it is no longer online, it is probably out of stock. However please call 01670 591916 where our Customer Services Team may be able to give you further information on when the item will be coming back in stock or whether they could recommend an alternative.
- Do I have to have my order delivered to my billing address?
Not at all! We recommend you send your products to the address most likely to have someone to sign for your parcels, whether this is a business address, home address or a neighbour. You can do this by selecting the option "Add a different address" during checkout.
Please note you can only select an alternative delivery address if you are ordering online as we know your payment will be verified by your card provider. Unfortunately if you call our Customer Service Team to place an order, you will only be able to send the order to the address where your card is registered. Credit card fraud has increased exponentially in recent years and unfortunately we need to protect ourselves against this type of fraud. This means that orders placed over the phone can only go to the registered card address. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
- Where do you Deliver?
- Please see our Delivery page for full details. We can ship to anywhere in the UK Mainland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man, outlying Scottish Highland postcodes, the Channel Islands or Ireland. We can also deliver to Zone1 Europe or BFPO addresses – contact us on 01670 591916 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a competitive delivery quote.
- Do I have to be there to sign for delivery?
- Yes – our delivery service is a signed for and trackable courier service. This is the most secure way of delivering items. You will have the option of leaving special instructions for the delivery driver (e.g. leave in a safe place / with a neighbour, etc.) during the checkout process. Please note this is at your own risk.
- Will you deliver in adverse weather conditions?
- We will make every effort to deliver where possible. While our warehouse is in Northumberland, our couriers and their depots are located throughout the UK, and we cannot account for any adverse weather conditions they may experience. Weather conditions vary county to county, however we will always deliver where we can!
- What are my delivery options?
We offer the following delivery options:
- Standard UK Mainland Delivery £9.99 for orders under £200 (ex VAT)
- Standard UK Mainland Delivery FREE for orders over £200 (ex VAT)
- Surcharge Areas Highlands & Islands, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Ireland will require a bespoke delivery quote. Call us for a competitive delivery quote.
- Zone 1 Europe - call us for a quote
- BFPO addresses - call us for a quote
See our Delivery page for more details on each of the options. We reserve the right to charge extra delivery for especially large orders. Large orders (approx 10+ units) may require a dedicated delivery service, which is outside of our standard delivery options and will need to be quoted for separately.
- Can I specify a delivery date when ordering?
- No - our normal UK delivery takes up to 5 working days from order, but you cannot specify an exact date.
- When will my order be delivered?
Normal delivery takes 3-5 working days.
You can specify overnight delivery for an extra charge if you place your order before 11am. After 11am, please call our Customer Service team on 01670 591916 to see if you can still arrange overnight delivery. See the Delivery Information page for more details.
You can expect your item to be delivered any time between 7am-7pm. Some of our carriers will even send you a free of charge text message (if you have entered your mobile number at checkout) informing you of the expected one hour time slot for delivery of your parcel. Unfortunately delivery drivers are unable to call customers ahead of delivery as, due to the Road Vehicles (Construction & Use) (Amendment No. 4) Regulations 2003, our carriers no longer issue their drivers with mobile telephones.
Please note that Bank Holidays may cause a slight delay in the delivery of your parcel.
- What happens if I'm out when you deliver?
- If you miss your delivery real-time tracking will confirm this and will give contact details/instructions for how to reschedule or arrange collection of the order from your local depot. See our Delivery page for more information on missed deliveries.
If the carrier has attempted delivery and no one is available, it will be returned to the carrier depot. Once the item is returned to the depot, they will hold the item for approximately 5 days. If the item is not collected or if you have not organised a re-delivery within this time frame, the item will be returned to us. If you would like re-delivery after the item has been returned to us, then you will need to pay a re-delivery fee and we would need to quote for this individually as it depends on the carrier we use and the size of your item. Please call 01670 591916 or email email@example.com for more information. Also refer to our Delivery page.
Alternatively, you will have the option to input special delivery instructions to our couriers during checkout (e.g. leave with neighbour, leave on porch etc.).
- Can I return my bean bag?
- Yes we accept returns. From receipt, you have 14 days to let us know by email firstname.lastname@example.org that you intend to return your bean bag to us in a new and unused condition. You are responsible for returning the item to us at your expense - the maximum return cost for tracked delivery is estimated to be a maximum £15 per box (based on our largest box size). Please ensure to take reasonable care of the goods so that they arrive with us in the same condition as they were delivered. Please let us know that you are returning your item by emailing our returns department at email@example.com.
- I have received the wrong item in my order.
- If you have received the wrong item in your order, please call 01670 591916 and our Customer Services team will sort you out with the correct item right away.
Faulty & Damaged Goods
- Do you offer a guarantee?
We guarantee the design, fabric and manufacture of all products against reasonable wear and tear for a period of one year from the date of purchase (excluding bean bag filling). This guarantee does not cover misuse of the product.
Any products filled with polystyrene beans will flatten over time through prolonged usage and topping up your bean bag may be necessary. Bean bag filling is available on our site for purchase. Your statutory rights under English Law are not affected in any way.
- What if my bean bag is faulty?
- If however, in the unusual case that you feel our bean bags are not up to scratch, please call 01670 591916 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on what to do. Please note we will usually ask for a photograph of the damage in order to determine whether it is a manufacturing fault.
- What if my bean bag is damaged in transit?
- We advise customers to check carefully for any transit damage before signing for the parcel. If you are unsure, or there is transit damage to your product, sign for the item and clearly write "damaged product". In this instance please contact us directly on 01670 591916 and we will quickly ensure that you get a perfect product with no additional cost to yourself.